none
Group Policy - Applocker Script Rules

Question

• Hi Folks,

we are only just starting to enable applocker via group policy, so at the moment its in testing mode I've already run into an issue and we hoping someone could help me out.

we use VBscripts to maps users network shares at first login, I've already enabled all the default rules to be able to execution scripts, but when my test user logins in I straight away get an error message saying "Execution of the Windows Script Host failed. (This program is blocked by group policy)

I've added allow rules as \\domain.co.uk\SYSVOL\domain.co.uk\scripts\* & \\DC\SYSVOL\domain.co.uk\scripts\*.vbs but i'm still not having any luck.

can anyone help me out as to what allow rule I need to add so VBscripts execution when a user logs in??

thanks

Owen

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 4:20 PM

Answers

• Look under the Event Viewer - Appplications and Services - Microsoft - Windows - AppLocker. It will show you the exact path of the script blocked. You can then check that against your rules. 

If my answer helped you, check out my blog: Deploy Happiness

• Marked as answer by Ozzo76 Thursday, August 11, 2016 9:24 AM
    Wednesday, August 10, 2016 4:54 PM

All replies

• Look under the Event Viewer - Appplications and Services - Microsoft - Windows - AppLocker. It will show you the exact path of the script blocked. You can then check that against your rules. 

If my answer helped you, check out my blog: Deploy Happiness

• Marked as answer by Ozzo76 Thursday, August 11, 2016 9:24 AM
    Wednesday, August 10, 2016 4:54 PM
  • Thanks Joseph got it sorted.
    Thursday, August 11, 2016 9:24 AM