none
How do I adjust the size of columns in DD? RRS feed

• Question

• I know this might not be the right forum but noone answers in other suggested forums I have tried.

I´m using PPS2010 and Dashboard Designer. Is there anyway I can set a fixed column width and/or wrap text? I have a scorecard where I add dimensions on rows and some of the members have really long names which makes the left column really wide...

Wednesday, September 8, 2010 8:38 AM

Answers

• Hello,

To edit the column width within your grid, I would suggest going into Dashboard Designer.  Pull up your Grid Report that you want to adjust.  When you are on the Design tab which shows your grid report, go to the Edit tab on your ribbon.  You will see a View section that will have a 'Settings' option.  When you click on Settings, it will pull up the View Settings window.  This has the option to change the character limit that will show in a column or row. 

There is no out of the box way to add word wrap to a Grid report.

Thanks,
    Heidi Tr - MSFT

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, September 10, 2010 8:31 PM

All replies

• Hello,

To edit the column width within your grid, I would suggest going into Dashboard Designer.  Pull up your Grid Report that you want to adjust.  When you are on the Design tab which shows your grid report, go to the Edit tab on your ribbon.  You will see a View section that will have a 'Settings' option.  When you click on Settings, it will pull up the View Settings window.  This has the option to change the character limit that will show in a column or row. 

There is no out of the box way to add word wrap to a Grid report.

Thanks,
    Heidi Tr - MSFT

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, September 10, 2010 8:31 PM
  • Thanks for the reply,

but what I would really like to know is if this is possible in a scorecard because that´s where I have the problem.

Thanks.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010 11:14 AM
  • Sorry, you are absolutely correct and I must have simply gotten mixed up on the grid and scorecard settings.  There does not appear to be anyway to control the width on column settings and you are not able to wrap the text for the items either.  You would probably have to roll your own custom item with the SDK.
    Dan English's BI Blog
    Thursday, September 16, 2010 5:26 PM