Outlook Web Access has encountered a web browsing error RRS feed

• Question

• In a fresh setup with TMG SP1 and UAG Update 1 I have a problem with OWA under some circumstances.

There is a Sharepoint 2007 application with a link to OWA. When users logs on to UAG Portal, opens Sharepoint app and select the OWA link everything is fine.

OWA also works fine as a Portal application.

As they wish to use Sharepoint as their "Portal", they go to the Sharepoint URL directly, gets authenticated by UAG and don't see all the UAG stuff.

Now, when the OWA link is opened it often gives an error ""Outlook Web Access has encountered a web browsing error", complaining about access denied to internalsite/scripts/logoff

The error does not seem to have any impact on OWA functionality, except that it can pop up again during OWA session.

Ole Thomsen

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 4:46 AM

Answers

• I believe the problem is that the link to OWA is a relative one, and so the browser attaches it to the current server URL, which is your SharePoint public URL. If that is the case, you might be able to overcome this by changing the link to OWA to point to the UAG's public hostname with an absolute link, or to the OWA public hostname.
    Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS UAG/IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Wednesday, September 22, 2010 8:01 PM
    Wednesday, September 22, 2010 8:00 PM

All replies

• I believe the problem is that the link to OWA is a relative one, and so the browser attaches it to the current server URL, which is your SharePoint public URL. If that is the case, you might be able to overcome this by changing the link to OWA to point to the UAG's public hostname with an absolute link, or to the OWA public hostname.
    Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS UAG/IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Wednesday, September 22, 2010 8:01 PM
    Wednesday, September 22, 2010 8:00 PM
  • @Ben

No, I checked that, it was the public OWA URL pointing at UAG. The setup is with a wildcard cert and using seperate public hostnames for all apps in the trunk.

Customer decided to drop the Sharepoint portal idea, so I am unable to reproduce the error.

Thanks.

Ole Thomsen

Thursday, September 23, 2010 4:32 AM