Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have inherited a network where the transition was not complete. It Consists of Exchange 2003 and Exchange 2007 Server. Currently all the mailboxes are moved  to the Exchange 2007 Server, now I have to remove the exchange 2003 server and related to that I have few Question to be asked.

1) Exchange 2003 server is also having Active Directory Installed in the Server, is it possible to remove the exchange server without removing the active directory ?

2) Is it possible to shutdown all the exchange 2003 services and creating the send and receive connector on the exchange 2007 server to route the emails. I will delete the old exchange server when every thing works fine with exchange 2007.

3) Currently Exchange 2003 is having public ip and people cannot access there mailboxes as they are located on exchange 2007 how can route people to new exchange 2007 server keeping the public ip on the exchange 2003 server.

4) Do I really have to purchase the certificate in order to run the exchange 2007 server ? 

http://www.arabitpro.com

Monday, November 3, 2014 7:16 AM

Answers

All replies