Where does the Active Directory Group that allows Access Permission to a Application get stored? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am writing a small applications to help our Asset Management folks tell when a user hasn't used an App-V application in 6months or so.  I can find all of the information I need in the SQL database table APPLICATION_USAGE except one thing.  The Active Directory group that allows these users to stream the application I can't find anywhere.  My appilcation is able to mine AD and pull all of the 'member's of the group and check the database for last logged in times but right now I have to manually input the group I have assigned to that application.  App-V has to store that information somewhere, I assumed it would be in the database tables but haven't been able to find it.  Can anyone help?

Thanks!
    Ryan

Thursday, October 7, 2010 6:56 PM

Answers

• Ryan,

You are correct in assuming it's stored in the DB. It is in the APPLICATION_ASSIGNMENTS, but stored as group's SID (in group_ref column) rather than the actual name. This table is then linked to APPLICATIONS table through IDs, which contains actual published applications.

br,
    Kalle

Friday, October 8, 2010 8:17 PM