Cannot install update KB925902 RRS feed

• Question

• I have tried repeatedly to install the Vista Update KB925902 with no success. It is listed as important. An error mssg of 80070002 comes up giving instructions to follow. I follow the MS instructions and retry with no success.

Is this a Vista update or a XP update?

Is it necessary?

If so, how do I get it installed?

Jack

Saturday, April 14, 2007 10:41 PM

Answers

• If you are a Admin on your computer do the following

1. Shutdown all programs

2. at start prompt type %temp%

3. this get you to your temp directory and clean out all file  thatn are  there ( you might get 1 -3 files in use but clean out all the rest)

4. How much free space in on you system drive

5. DO NOT TURN OFF UAC's

For information about Security updates, visit the Microsoft Virus Solution and Security Center for resources and tools to keep your PC safe and healthy. If you are having issues with installing the update itself, visit Support for Microsoft Update for resources and tools to keep your PC updated with the latest updates.

Friday, May 4, 2007 10:47 PM

All replies

• Hey Jack, Any solution to your problem yet. I have a similar issue. When I download this kb925902 windows update... it goes through the process, but then says installation failed--not enough set up room (space). It also gives error details as 80242016.

Does anyone have any ideas about this and how to fix it?

Monday, April 23, 2007 10:46 PM
  • If you are a Admin on your computer do the following

1. Shutdown all programs

2. at start prompt type %temp%

3. this get you to your temp directory and clean out all file  thatn are  there ( you might get 1 -3 files in use but clean out all the rest)

4. How much free space in on you system drive

5. DO NOT TURN OFF UAC's

For information about Security updates, visit the Microsoft Virus Solution and Security Center for resources and tools to keep your PC safe and healthy. If you are having issues with installing the update itself, visit Support for Microsoft Update for resources and tools to keep your PC updated with the latest updates.

Friday, May 4, 2007 10:47 PM
  • still did not work

this 5 step have nothing to do with this problem

would U tray another

Monday, July 23, 2007 12:48 PM