Trying to check out a document in a web part RRS feed

• Question

• I have a document library in SharePoint 2016. I have created a webpart of this library to use on other site pages within a subsite. The problem I am having is when I have a document in this library and it is visible in the webpart, I cannot check the document out from the webpart. I select the check box to the left of the document, select the "FILES" tab at the top of the ribbon and click "Check Out." After that I receive an error that states: "Sorry, Something went wrong   The server has encountered the following error(s):  List does not exist. The page you selected contains a list that does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user." Instead I have to navigate all the way to the library itself and then check out the document. Am I missing something?
    Wednesday, February 15, 2017 6:48 PM

All replies

• Please provide more information.. !

### Navazee Shaik.. if helpful just smile, vote, and mark it as answer... :)

Thursday, March 2, 2017 12:00 PM
  • Hi Michael,

Can you create a new page and add just this document library alone and check if the problem persists 

Thursday, March 2, 2017 3:32 PM
  • Hi,

1. Does user has permissions on that list.
    2. Check name of List/Library changed.
    3. Check Physical disk space is available or not on server.

### Navazee Shaik.. if helpful just smile, vote, and mark it as answer... :)

Friday, March 3, 2017 9:39 AM