none
Replica is inconsistent everytime I manually kick off a consistency check RRS feed

• Question

• Hello. I'm using DPM 2010 to backup Windows 2008 R2 SP1 running the file server role. The file server itself is a VM running on Hyper-V but I'm backing up the VM from within the VM itself. Only the inital store is selected to be backed up at the host level.

The current protection status of both volumes is OK. If I select one and kick off a manual consistency check however the status changes to "Replica is inconsistent, verification in process." Once the consistency check is finished the status goes back to OK. If I immediately kick off the consistency check again however it once again says the replica is inconcistent. Am I interpreting the message incorrectly or are the replica's truly inconcistent? If so does that mean all of my recovery points are bad?

Friday, April 13, 2012 9:40 PM

Answers

• Hi,

DPM will always show the protection status message as "Replica is inconsistent, verification in process" regardless if it was initiated as part of an auto-consistency check, or a manual consistency check.  So basically, as long as it completes and says OK, then everything is fine. 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, April 13, 2012 10:46 PM