Wrong Caller ID for outbound calls RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We use Lync 2010 and a Mitel gateway.

The Lync Caller ID are +3188xxxxxx, but the provider (Tele2) needs get a caller ID 88xxxxxx (without +31).

Can we fix this Lync?

Kind regards,

André

Wednesday, October 2, 2013 12:56 PM

Answers

• Andre,

Not in 2010.

Lync 2010 can only manipulate the called number (destination phone number) and this is done under the Trunk Configuration.  In Lync 2013 they added the ability to manipulate both the called (destination) and calling (source number or caller ID number).

If your gateway is a Mitel 3300, I know that you can modify this as we have done plenty of Mitel 3300 integrations back in the OCS 2007/R2 days.  If memory serves, you can use the Digit Modification Assignment page on the 3300 to change your calling number to something else.

Thanks,

Richard

Richard Brynteson, Avtex, Lync MCM, Blog - www.masteringlync.com

• Proposed as answer by Lisa.zheng Sunday, October 6, 2013 5:53 AM
    • Marked as answer by Lisa.zheng Tuesday, October 15, 2013 5:34 AM
    Wednesday, October 2, 2013 1:11 PM

All replies

• Andre,

Not in 2010.

Lync 2010 can only manipulate the called number (destination phone number) and this is done under the Trunk Configuration.  In Lync 2013 they added the ability to manipulate both the called (destination) and calling (source number or caller ID number).

If your gateway is a Mitel 3300, I know that you can modify this as we have done plenty of Mitel 3300 integrations back in the OCS 2007/R2 days.  If memory serves, you can use the Digit Modification Assignment page on the 3300 to change your calling number to something else.

Thanks,

Richard

• Proposed as answer by Lisa.zheng Sunday, October 6, 2013 5:53 AM
    • Marked as answer by Lisa.zheng Tuesday, October 15, 2013 5:34 AM
    Wednesday, October 2, 2013 1:11 PM
  • You can change your caller ID in Lync Control panel for a specific route.

Wednesday, October 2, 2013 4:08 PM
  • Vladis is absolutely correct. Just remember that it overrides all Caller ID for all calls down that route.

Thanks,

Richard

Wednesday, October 2, 2013 4:14 PM
  • Hi,

suppressing caller ID will replace all outbound DID to what ever the number that you specify there in Route. the best way to do it is to create a normalization rule in Trunk to drop +31 and send what ever the rest of the digits.

Wednesday, October 2, 2013 11:22 PM
  • Thamara,

Have you tried to normalize E164 numbers? 

As I know it is not possible.

Thursday, October 3, 2013 7:44 AM
  • Hi All,

When I use Suppress Caller ID, all users will send the same Caller ID.

I need to change The Lync Caller ID : +3188xxxxxx toID 88xxxxxx (without +31) per user.

The Caller ID is NOT the number dialin TO, but the number dailin FROM.

Can we fix this Lync?

Kind regards,

André

Thursday, October 3, 2013 9:42 AM
  • Hi All,

When I use Suppress Caller ID, all users will send the same Caller ID.

I need to change The Lync Caller ID : +3188xxxxxx toID 88xxxxxx (without +31) per user.

The Caller ID is NOT the number dialin TO, but the number dailin FROM.

Can we fix this Lync?

Kind regards,

André

Andre,

As I posted above you cannot do this in Lync 2010.  It was a new feature in 2013.  Your only fix is to use the Mitel (assuming its a version that is able to do this).

Thanks,

Richard

Thursday, October 3, 2013 12:16 PM
  • Yah, trunk side normalization rules override what ever the normalization rule picked up while dialing a number. the rule should be something like 

\+31(.*) - 0\1

Saturday, October 5, 2013 3:46 PM
  • Agree with Richard.

It is not possible with Lync Server 2010. With Lync Server 2013, you can manipulate the calling party number.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj204980.aspx

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Sunday, October 6, 2013 5:53 AM