OUTLOOK POP UP RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

lately, my outlook doesn't show pop up for any incoming emails. And I have tried changing the setting, created rules for same and created a new account as well but nothing worked and last option was to repair outlook and I ended have no change.

It would be great if someone could please find a fix for this.

regards,

Akshay

Thursday, May 31, 2018 12:58 PM

All replies

• Hi Akshay,

By 'pop up', do you mean the new mail desktop alert banner? By default, new mail alert is turned on for emails delivered to Inbox. If you have rules which moved emails to subfolders, the new mail alert doesn't work for these emails ended up in subfolders. In this case, you will have to modify the rules to include the "Display a desktop alert" action.

Besides, please also go to File > Options > Mail, under “Message arrival” heading, make sure the "Display a Desktop Alert" option is enabled.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Monday, June 4, 2018 9:36 AM
    Friday, June 1, 2018 2:23 AM