Add an additional clock in 24 hour format? RRS feed

• Question

• In Windows 7, I can add up to 2 additional clocks to display when I click on the clock in the taskbar. Is there an ability to have one of the clocks just display the local time, in 24 hour format? I prefer to see 12 hour format most of the time, but when I do want to know what the 24 hour equivalent is, it would be nice to click and see it, instead of counting on my fingers.

Thanks.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010 9:19 PM

Answers

•  

Hi,

According to my test, if the time format changed, it affects both clock. I’m afraid that changing one clock format to 24 hour and another is 12 hour format is not available. It should be a by designed feature.

If you would like to make changes as you described, third party program may be needed. I found the following tools, please check if it will work.

http://www.1stclock.com/show-additional-clocks-in-taskbar.php

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Wednesday, December 15, 2010 7:03 AM
    Thursday, December 9, 2010 7:49 AM

All replies

•  

Hi,

According to my test, if the time format changed, it affects both clock. I’m afraid that changing one clock format to 24 hour and another is 12 hour format is not available. It should be a by designed feature.

If you would like to make changes as you described, third party program may be needed. I found the following tools, please check if it will work.

http://www.1stclock.com/show-additional-clocks-in-taskbar.php

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Wednesday, December 15, 2010 7:03 AM
    Thursday, December 9, 2010 7:49 AM
  • I was able find a work-around to do this.

1. Add an additional clock with the same timezone you are in

2. Then go into Calendar settings --> Time tab --> Change the Short time to H:mm.

Now when you hover over the time and date you'll see two clocks with the military time, but down it the right-hand corner it will still show the regular AM/PM hours.

You have to add the additional clock because if you only have one clock showing, when you hover over the time & date, only the date pops up, for whatever reason.

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 6:25 PM