Reverse Proxy Checkpoint no Isa server RRS feed

• Question

• All

I am currently evaluating OCS 2007 at the moment we have 2 servers 1 internal and 1 edge server for external users. External users can join the live meetings but the Video will not work, i beleive this is due to reverse proxy.

My current setup is our internet comes through a data centre firewall then into our chekpoint firewall which is then nat to the dmz edge server.

We are using checkpoint firewall at the moment and wondered if anyone else has got this working with checkpoint, can this be done without needing an ISA server ?

many thanks
    Amatsoukis
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 4:30 PM

All replies

• Reverse Proxy is not required to support Video communications, the reverse proxy only provides access for external clients to download the Address Book, expand distribution lists, and allow external Live Meeting clients to download shared content and participate in white boarding sessions.

Make sure that (1) you have the NAT checkbox enabled on the A/V Edge properties and that (2) the Edge server resolves the A/V Edge FQDN as the public IP address and not the private address assigned directly to the external interface.  The standard solution here is to create a HOSTS file entry locally on the Edge Server with the A/V Edge FQDN and the public IP address.
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 7:30 PM