none
Steady State not compataible with XP 64 bit???? RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to install Steady State on a machine running XP Professional X64, however, I keep getting an error. The book does not say that it is X64 compatible and also does not say it isn't. Any suggestions????

Thursday, August 30, 2007 1:35 AM

Answers

• Hi Mangotti,

Windows SteadyState doesn’t support Windows XP Professional X64 Edition. The following error message will be received during the installation:

Installation Incomplete
    The installation of Windows SteadyState cannot be completed because of an error.

I understand the following supported operating system information is listed in Windows SteadyState Handbook. However, it is inaccurate.

Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP Home Edition ; Windows XP Professional Edition ; Windows XP Service Pack 2; Windows XP Tablet PC Edition

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will report this issue and hope it can be updated soon.

Best Regards,

Friday, August 31, 2007 10:21 AM

All replies

• Hi Mangotti,

Windows SteadyState doesn’t support Windows XP Professional X64 Edition. The following error message will be received during the installation:

Installation Incomplete
    The installation of Windows SteadyState cannot be completed because of an error.

I understand the following supported operating system information is listed in Windows SteadyState Handbook. However, it is inaccurate.

Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP Home Edition ; Windows XP Professional Edition ; Windows XP Service Pack 2; Windows XP Tablet PC Edition

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will report this issue and hope it can be updated soon.

Best Regards,

Friday, August 31, 2007 10:21 AM
  • Are there any updates to 64bit?

We have tried 2.0 and 2.5 beta and have had no luck. I am able to install 2.5 beta successfully, but I am unable to 'Turn on' Protection. I guess the main question is, will there be future 64bit support in XP?

I am in a corporate environment and Vista and Vista 64 are not a option. I have the option of 32bit, but I will have to sacrifice the loss in memory.

The operating system we are currently usign is Windows XP Professional X64 Edition
    Monday, April 21, 2008 12:09 PM
  •  

Dido,

Anyword on 64bit versions of Steady State?

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 5:44 PM