Toolbar gets moved; how do you move it back? RRS feed

• Question

• Driving me crazy. Vista Home Premium.  I have a tool/shortcut bar docked at right side.  Icons have been moved up and down to a particular order.

Every now and then, somehow the bar gets repositioned, usually at the top.  I have not detected what specifically I am doing that moves it.

But the problem is that you can't move it back--at least I cannot find a way to drag it back, or to specify the docking place.

The only recovery is to close the toolbar, redrag the folder to the right side, resize it, turn off the text, select small icons, turn off the title, then drag all of the 28 icons to the order I want them.  In other words, it is a total pain in the you know what to get it back in place.

What am I missing?  Is there a way to just move the bar from the top back over to the right side without having to go through the whole re-build it process?  Why can't you just grab the handle bar/stripe and drag it back over there!
    Friday, June 19, 2009 1:31 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for posting Microsoft TechNet Forum.

Try to left click on the right top corner of this toolbar and drag down, then this toolbar should be displayed at right side. 

Note: we should choose the border of this toolbar and drag it, if you choose the content of this toolbar, you may not be able to drag it.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Friday, June 19, 2009 7:48 AM