none
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Question

• Windows 7 x64 Pro workstation, third party application (IFAS) was running fine till couple days ago. User has error message as shown in screenshot.

1. Logon as different user, the application ran fine.

2. Uninstall/install application did not help

It looks like Visual C++ Runtime Error only effected this user, as we tested logon with different accounts having no problem. How do I troubleshoot and resolve this? third party vendor suggesting to reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime but the solution does not seem right because MS Visual C++ runtime OK with other logon accounts.

Thank you,

Thang Mo

Friday, September 18, 2015 7:25 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Based on my research, Microsoft doesn’t have a tool to repair user profile. Visual C++ is a complex and huge designed application which managed by Microsoft. It is hard to explain the exact relationship between Visual C++ and system files in different user account due to the numerous developing code. However, you can try to perform system restore for test because we have ever met the similar issue.

In addition to that, please pay more attention to the process of uninstalling Visual C++.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2771441

Wish you have a nice day.

Best Regards

Simon  

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 28, 2015 2:51 AM

All replies

• Hi,

After reading your issue, I infer the most possible reason for your issue is the application damaged the user profiles.

Firstly, you would better scan the virus and repair the corrupt user profile to check the issue by following the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/fix-corrupted-user-profile#1TC=windows-7

If it doesn’t work, we consider it may be the system files corrupt, I suggest you can use system restore to make the PC back to the point which use normally.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-is-system-restore#1TC=windows-7

Wish you will troubleshoot the issue smoothly.

Best Regards

Simon  

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 2:12 AM
  • Thanks, Simon. I will try to repair user profile first when user is available. In the mean time, I have two questions:

1. Is there a tool to repair user profile instead of create a new account and copy files over? My concern is that I could copy corrupted files from old profile to new profile!

2. System files corrupted in this case is questionable! Logon as different user, the application runs fine. System files corrupted should be an issue to any user logging on! I may be wrong, just wonder!

I may reinstall Visual C++ Runtime if both steps above failed!

Thang Mo

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 4:45 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Based on my research, Microsoft doesn’t have a tool to repair user profile. Visual C++ is a complex and huge designed application which managed by Microsoft. It is hard to explain the exact relationship between Visual C++ and system files in different user account due to the numerous developing code. However, you can try to perform system restore for test because we have ever met the similar issue.

In addition to that, please pay more attention to the process of uninstalling Visual C++.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2771441

Wish you have a nice day.

Best Regards

Simon  

Monday, September 28, 2015 2:51 AM