none
Primavera P6 Objections RRS feed

• Question

• I was recently with a customer who was looking to move their organisation away from Primavera P6 - one of the features that they like about P6 is co-authoring in real time which is not possible with Project Online, he has also seen this as a feature in SmartSheets which is a real attraction for their way of working.

With Project Online not meeting expectations on that score he then asked if it would be possible for more than one person to edit a schedule but to only be able to edit their part of the schedule. Thinking about it at the time I couldn't conceive of a way to achieve this - views, security groups and filtering would all be involved. To my mind the only way this could be achieved would be for there to be an additional option along the lines of "only update tasks where the user is responsible/accountable" - does anyone know of a way to achieve this requirement out of the box?

Another failing in his eyes compared to P6 is the ability to view a collection of tasks across projects in a single view in a browser - apparently the P6 Portfolio Briefcase feature supports this - had to take this observation at face value as I have no P6 exposure.

With good wishes,

Dominic

Microsoft Project Evangelist

Twitter:   LinkedIn:    Web:   

Friday, December 2, 2016 5:24 PM