none
MIM 2016 DG workflow giving error You cannot call a method on a null-valued expression. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have workflow which updates mail,proxy addresses and mail alias when user change alias of Distribution group. Workflow has below steps

1. Read values from default env-- Working

2. Generate new mail id using .PS1- Working 

3. update mail id-getting updated in object

4. Generate proxy list using .ps1- Log file shows its generating proxy list

5. update proxy --not working

6. Calculate new aliases - log file is empty

7. Update alias - not working

now when mim log showing You cannot call a method on a null-valued expression.then which script would be giving this error.

How to fix this

Thursday, July 19, 2018 5:37 PM

Answers

• Thanks for reply David.

Issue was in script which was generating Proxy address list step 4. I was using if loop to check mail addresses which start with "smtp" but now in office 365 they generate proxy with x500 so ,whenever x500 coming code was finding this as null , i changed code to ignore x500 and it worked.

• Marked as answer by VenkyMaha Monday, August 27, 2018 6:56 PM
    Monday, August 27, 2018 6:56 PM

All replies

• Venky,

You need to use the Workflow data dictionary to pass data between steps. So step 4 must pass its data into the Workflow data dictionary and then step 5 must read from there.

Hopefully you are using MIMWAL, if so you can read up on using Workflow Data.

David Lundell, Get your copy of FIM Best Practices Volume 1 http://blog.ilmbestpractices.com/2010/08/book-is-here-fim-best-practices-volume.html

Friday, August 3, 2018 9:53 PM
  • Thanks for reply David.

Issue was in script which was generating Proxy address list step 4. I was using if loop to check mail addresses which start with "smtp" but now in office 365 they generate proxy with x500 so ,whenever x500 coming code was finding this as null , i changed code to ignore x500 and it worked.

• Marked as answer by VenkyMaha Monday, August 27, 2018 6:56 PM
    Monday, August 27, 2018 6:56 PM