none
Project Server 2013 - This webpart was unable to load RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi all,

    I am getting the following error in project server 2013 project sites:

    This webpart was unable to load. For more information, please contact your server administrator.

    <Guid>

    I only get this error message on 'Project Summary Web Part'.

    Any idea what it could be?

    Thank you,

    SJ

    Monday, February 17, 2014 12:40 PM

Answers

  • Diego:

    Sounds like nobody opened, saved and published every project after migration. This is a required post-migration step. That's why sometimes edit and save does the trick. I believe what happens is that the database migrates, but contains BLOBs that do not update to the new format until the project is recalculated by open, save, publish procedure.

    The behavior in not unique to 2013. This could happen between 2007 and 2010 as well.


    Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG

    Wednesday, November 5, 2014 1:21 PM
    Moderator

All replies

  • You need to check the ULS for more details.

    www.umt.com

    Monday, February 17, 2014 4:22 PM
  • Thanks Catalin.

    Will have a look. Thought of asking first of anyone has seen this issue before.
    Wednesday, February 19, 2014 4:08 PM
  • Hi there!

    I got similar problem in a PDP that was working perfectly even after migration to 2013. On this case, my PDP was showing the webpart that let you to choose what fields and custom fields want to show on a specific PDP.

    I created a copy of the crashed PDP and got the same error. So I bet for remove all the custom fields and add one by one to see what happens. The surprise came up when it started to work when my PDP had just pair of custom fields. With this procedure, I found that the problem was on some specific custom fields created that had null values to all the projects created before. Once I forced value on those fields it worked properly!!

    Sometimes EPM2013 has a very strange behavioural and in some cases just clicking on EDIT and SAVE  without any change have solved some of my problems too.

    I hope it helps this to you and feel free to contact me if I can somehow help you :)

    Diego


    Thursday, October 30, 2014 1:48 PM
  • Diego:

    Sounds like nobody opened, saved and published every project after migration. This is a required post-migration step. That's why sometimes edit and save does the trick. I believe what happens is that the database migrates, but contains BLOBs that do not update to the new format until the project is recalculated by open, save, publish procedure.

    The behavior in not unique to 2013. This could happen between 2007 and 2010 as well.


    Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG

    Wednesday, November 5, 2014 1:21 PM
    Moderator