none
Project Pro for Office 365 without Office 365 subscription RRS feed

• Question

• I've been looking for hours and can't determine if I have to have an Office 365 subscription to purchase Project Pro for Office 365.  I have a user at our organization that needs Project Pro.  There are no Office 365 accounts.  The price point of <$30/month seems more attractive than the $1,200 up front cost. 

If I do need an account, does that mean I have to pay for the cost of an Office 365 account as well, or is that included?  

Can there be an Office 365 account on a computer already running Office 2013?  or will it conflict with products already installed?  I can't believe there's no readily available answers anywhere on their website or under the product information.  Everyone just seems to assume that you're running Office 365 already.

Thursday, September 4, 2014 4:30 AM

All replies

• I believe you can purchase Project Pro through a subscription without also purchasing Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).  What is not included if you don't have an Office subscription is you wouldn't have SharePoint nor Lync nor Excel (used for Visual Reports in Project).

I agree the documentation is confusing but I think the reference to Office 365 is the deployment method of running Project as an SaaS (software as a service) application.

It is reverse of what you are talking, but I successfully run Project as an MSI installation alongside an Office 365 subscription.

One way to check its functionality with your current installation is to install a trial version. 

Thursday, September 4, 2014 11:40 PM
  • I'm trying to install Project Pro 365 next to an existing Office 2013 installation and getting an error saying that they can't be mixed.

Is there a workaround?

Thursday, August 13, 2015 11:16 PM