none
GPO - Local Profile - not working

Question

• Hi Team,

In my office we used roaming profiles by AD objects to profile path location and not by GPO

I have created new GPO to load local profile for servers only, with edit settings as "only to load local profile"

Created new Test OU and moved 2 test machines to it,

linked OU to GPO and login to test server applied GPupdate /force, applied but not loaded local profile, loaded Roaming profile, tried many log off and login, removed existing profile still not worked.

checked the permission from parent  GPO not inherited and setting page has no error like deny permissions, refreshed and tried but no luck.

Please let me know if i missed anything here.

Regards / Rakesh

Sunday, March 5, 2017 3:54 PM

All replies

• Hi Rakesh,

>>tried many log off and login, removed existing profile still not worked.

First please using Gpresult /r to check the applied GPOs on your clients.

Second, did you have any special settings on default domain GPO? that will affect the whole domain.

Lastly,please refer to link below to troubleshooting:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/2007.02.troubleshooting.aspx

Best regards,

Andy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 6, 2017 8:18 AM
  • > I have created new GPO to load local profile for servers only, with edit settings as "only to load local profile"

Security filtered for a group or auth users?

> checked the permission from parent  GPO not inherited and setting page has no error like deny permissions, refreshed and tried but no luck.

Admin commandline: gpresult /h report.html && report.html

Check if your GPO is applied at all.

Monday, March 6, 2017 3:33 PM
  • Hi Andy,

Thanks for your response, 

<g class="gr_ gr_120 gr-alert gr_tiny gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" data-gr-id="120" id="120">i</g> have checked Gpresult /r and my GPO settings not applied,

<g class="gr_ gr_292 gr-alert gr_tiny gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" data-gr-id="292" id="292">i</g> could see no computer end policies applied and can able to see the other user level policy are applied user roaming profile and windows 7 classic theme.

and verified the above link, all things are set as per the standard.

Thanks / Rakesh

Wednesday, March 8, 2017 2:16 PM
  • Hi Martin,

GPO is created without filter and security for authenticated users only.

<g class="gr_ gr_89 gr-alert gr_tiny gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" data-gr-id="89" id="89">i</g> have checked the report.html my settings are not applied and there is no deny permissions.

Thanks

Friday, March 10, 2017 7:59 AM
  • > Created new Test OU and moved 2 test machines to it,

...and rebooted the machines after the move? Otherwise they will not know about the new OU...

Friday, March 10, 2017 12:49 PM
  • Hi Martin,

Rebooted the server, applied <g class="gr_ gr_133 gr-alert gr_spell gr_disable_anim_appear ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="133" id="133">gpo</g> again but no luck,

Please find the link for attached results details for GPresults and GPO report.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AuIFfgx6AmWveQYNNl_EGsyb0TA

Thanks

Saturday, March 11, 2017 4:40 AM
  • > Please find the link for attached results details for GPresults and GPO report.

I don't know how you created the GPResult report, but it is broken. Computer settings are missing, User settings look odd...

And to be honest: I doubt that a person who adds himself to "Domain Computers" and "Domain Controllers" has suitable AD admin knowledge.

Monday, March 13, 2017 11:38 AM
  • Hi Martin,

Thank you for your support,  <g class="gr_ gr_45 gr-alert gr_tiny gr_spell gr_run_anim gr_inline_cards ContextualSpelling multiReplace" data-gr-id="45" id="45">i</g> am going to create new GPO the same.

Could you please provide any reference article to create a new one.

Thanks

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 5:32 AM
  • With new servers with new OU
    Wednesday, March 15, 2017 5:32 AM
  • Hi Siva,

Did this issue was solved? if not, please share the current situation for further assistance.

Best regards,

Andy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 10, 2017 4:49 AM