none
I am going haywire with respect links - isnt it what project was doing earlier - respect links ? RRS feed

• Question

• I used rally for about 7 years and back to project now. But now I find if i create a new task and put a predecessor or change the predecessor. I have to confirm if the task wants to move accordingly by using respect links or auto schedule option. 

Wow !!! Now folks are blaming us for not using the right task... but there was only one task earlier and I could hook it to a predecessor and it would simply move around accordingly ... 

Why the thought on manually scheduled with a predecessor suddenly. 

Is there a way to create autoscheduled tasks by default ? like in the older versions . 

Thursday, December 15, 2016 1:16 PM

All replies

• At the bottom left corner, click, "new tasks are auto scheduled".

If using predecessors you want all tasks auto scheduled always. Display the task mode column. Manually scheduled tasks have no use.

Thursday, December 15, 2016 1:53 PM
  • Solo-man,

Go to File > Options > Schedule group. There you can set the various options for how Project schedules, including a default auto-schedule mode.

The manual schedule mode was added in Project 2010 most likely as a result of many users wanting more control. Personally I've found it to be a distraction and of very limited use.

Hope this helps.

John

Thursday, December 15, 2016 2:14 PM