ProClarity Professional Web and Desktop access to cube via VPN RRS feed

• Question

• We have a situation where a client needs to access and analyze an internal network Cube on a SSAS 2008 Server using ProClarity Web or Desktop pro. They are not in the domain but are added as a domain user to our Directory and come into our network via a Sonic Wall SSL-VPN connection loging in as a domain user.

Here is an example:
    Let's call the domain XYZ
    Locally they are logged into a laptop as  THEIRDOMAIN\username
    They log into our network on the SSL-VPN as XYZ\username

When they open ProClarity Desktop Professional they select Open ProClarity Analytics Server and are then promoted for a login into a PAS server
    They enter the server url: http://proclarity/pas/
    Username and Password as XYZ\username and their password

An extra login but so far so good. After the login they are then prompted at the retrieve book screen and they select a library and book and proceed. After selecting a book they are prompted again through a ProClarity dialog to log into the SSAS server. The dialog says Enter Network Password and lists the Servername of the SSAS server. It states that a username and password are required for this connection. This usually fails on the first try after 30 seconds and works on the 2nd attempt. This makes a total of 4 logins to get data. Needless to say, they are very unhappy.

We went as far as allowing "everyone" access to SSAS but still a login in required. Of course if the laptop is logged into the domain then the issue goes away. Even though they can access the network and the server it seems that ProClarity Professional Web and Desktop both use the local machine credentials and pass them along, 

My question I guess would be is there a way around this? Radial Server, Forcing logins?
    Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Friday, May 7, 2010 5:48 PM

All replies

• So no feedback on this, Is there aditional information I need to add to get an answer.

What am I missing? 250+ looks and no opinions.

Saturday, May 15, 2010 1:44 PM