External access - external calls RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

I have two problems:

1. How i can limit external calls for External desktop clients?

2. I'm trying limit external calls for mobile clients and looks like mobile policy doesn't work:

Identity                                  : Tag:External calls - Denied
    Description                               :
    EnableOutsideVoice                        : True
    EnableMobility                            : True
    EnableIPAudioVideo                        : False
    RequireWIFIForIPAudio                     : False
    RequireWIFIForIPVideo                     : False
    AllowCustomerExperienceImprovementProgram : True
    RequireWiFiForSharing                     : False
    AllowSaveCallLogs                         : True
    AllowExchangeConnectivity                 : True
    AllowSaveIMHistory                        : True
    AllowSaveCredentials                      : True

Friday, July 15, 2016 12:45 PM

Answers

• Probably some kind of configuration issues, try to get the logs when you are testing call via longs and see why the calls are not connecting.

Call via work is a PSTN call which initiates a call by the user who is EV enabled through your organization voice gateway.

take SIPstack,S4, mediation,outboundrouting logs and see if you can figure out any issues.

Regards, Rajukb | MCSE (Communication ), MCSA (o365) ,Certified "Lync server 2013 depth support engineer"| This posting is providedwith no warranties and confers no rights. If my reply answers your question please mark as answer/helpful if its helpful.

• Proposed as answer by Niko.Cheng Tuesday, July 26, 2016 1:20 AM
    • Marked as answer by Niko.Cheng Friday, August 5, 2016 1:45 AM
    Monday, July 18, 2016 10:24 PM

All replies

• I dont think there is a setting only to disable External PC to PC call.

however, if you want to block mobility users outside voice you can use below command.

New-CsMobilityPolicy "tag:disableOutsideVoice" -EnableOutsideVoice $False Grant-CsMobilityPolicy -Identity -MobileUser1@contoso.com -PolicyName Tag:disableOutsideVoice

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh690018(v=ocs.15).aspx

Regards, Rajukb | MCSE (Communication ), MCSA (o365) ,Certified "Lync server 2013 depth support engineer"| This posting is providedwith no warranties and confers no rights. If my reply answers your question please mark as answer/helpful if its helpful.

Friday, July 15, 2016 1:46 PM
  • I dont think there is a setting only to disable External PC to PC call.

however, if you want to block mobility users outside voice you can use below command.

New-CsMobilityPolicy "tag:disableOutsideVoice" -EnableOutsideVoice $False Grant-CsMobilityPolicy -Identity -MobileUser1@contoso.com -PolicyName Tag:disableOutsideVoice

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh690018(v=ocs.15).aspx

1. This is not for desktop clients.
    2. I want allows users make calls from mobile devices to internal users via audio\video, but restrict calls to external numbers. So they will able make calls only inside organization from mobile devices.
    Saturday, July 16, 2016 5:33 AM
  • Is this your question ?

Lync AV + Lync EV should keep working on desktop clients, at the same time Lync EV should not work on mobile clients. Only Lync AV should work on mobile clients.

Unfortunately, I don't believe it is possible to disable PSTN calls and not regular audio calls.  To the client and policies, they don't appear different.  The only way to accomplish this I believe would be to disable PSTN calls altogether for the user, which would disable it from all clients.  The user could then use a common area phone at their desk.

in that case, create and assign one Dial plan and Voice policy fro Internal DID range dialing only. so that user will be capable enough to make PC to PC calls and can only make internal DID dialing if this user is enabled with EV.

refer following threads 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/5ad15c43-d58d-470d-98c4-2433fb3a3697/disable-incoming-calls-in-lync-2013-enterprise-voice?forum=lyncvoice

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-US/fa38fc32-abd8-4060-8d5e-d63f6447b10d/disable-only-enterprise-voice-for-lync-mobility-clients?forum=sfbfr

Saturday, July 16, 2016 5:52 AM
  • Hi Badbe, 

That option is not available to restrict only A/V for mobile clients. We should go with the options what Raju suggested.

Linus || Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.

Saturday, July 16, 2016 11:12 AM
  • does   EnableIPAudioVideo  : False  should disable EV for mobile clients?

I've tried this, but it anyway allow dial numbers, but in strange way, i get call from my PST on my phone number and then it tries call to number which i was dialed and connect me with recipient in this way..

Saturday, July 16, 2016 1:00 PM
  • Basics

EnableMobility

The best place to start – if set to True, users can sign in and use Lync mobile. If set to False, they are prevented from doing so.

EnableIPAudioVideo

When set to True, users can make and receive VOIP audio and video calls using the mobile client. When set to False, it will behave much like the 2010 mobile client – IM & presence and calls made via OutsideVoice / Call via Work (explained below) if allowed.

Telephony – Call Via Work

EnableOutsideVoice

This is probably the most misunderstood setting, and one of the few that also existed in Lync 2010. It is set to True by default.

The other name for this functionality is “Call via work”. As the Lync 2010 mobile client did not have the ability to make a VoIP call, this was the workaround and is still useful in many situations now.

If the user tries to make a call but doesn’t have a method to do it via VoIP (eg. they have RequireWifiForIPAudio enabled and are on 3G), Lync Server will establish a call to their mobile telephone number – this goes via the PSTN, not Lync. The user picks up the call, and Lync Server makes another call to the number or contact they were trying. Once established, Lync Server joins the two calls together and they can start the conversation.

source: http://www.port5061.co.uk/controlling-lync-2013-mobile-clients-via-policy/

EnableIPAudioVideo

Optional

System.Boolean

When set to False, prohibits the user from making voice over IP (VoIP) calls using the mobile device. The default value is True, meaning that VoIP calls are allowed.

This parameter was introduced in Lync Server 2013.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh690021.aspx

Saturday, July 16, 2016 1:40 PM
  • Basics

EnableMobility

The best place to start – if set to True, users can sign in and use Lync mobile. If set to False, they are prevented from doing so.

EnableIPAudioVideo

When set to True, users can make and receive VOIP audio and video calls using the mobile client. When set to False, it will behave much like the 2010 mobile client – IM & presence and calls made via OutsideVoice / Call via Work (explained below) if allowed.

Telephony – Call Via Work

EnableOutsideVoice

This is probably the most misunderstood setting, and one of the few that also existed in Lync 2010. It is set to True by default.

The other name for this functionality is “Call via work”. As the Lync 2010 mobile client did not have the ability to make a VoIP call, this was the workaround and is still useful in many situations now.

If the user tries to make a call but doesn’t have a method to do it via VoIP (eg. they have RequireWifiForIPAudio enabled and are on 3G), Lync Server will establish a call to their mobile telephone number – this goes via the PSTN, not Lync. The user picks up the call, and Lync Server makes another call to the number or contact they were trying. Once established, Lync Server joins the two calls together and they can start the conversation.

source: http://www.port5061.co.uk/controlling-lync-2013-mobile-clients-via-policy/

EnableIPAudioVideo

Optional

System.Boolean

When set to False, prohibits the user from making voice over IP (VoIP) calls using the mobile device. The default value is True, meaning that VoIP calls are allowed.

This parameter was introduced in Lync Server 2013.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh690021.aspx

i already know this. But that's doesn't work. If i disable EnableIPAudioVideo and enable EnableOutsideVoice, i can't make call via work and video calls.
    Monday, July 18, 2016 9:46 AM
  • Probably some kind of configuration issues, try to get the logs when you are testing call via longs and see why the calls are not connecting.

Call via work is a PSTN call which initiates a call by the user who is EV enabled through your organization voice gateway.

take SIPstack,S4, mediation,outboundrouting logs and see if you can figure out any issues.

• Proposed as answer by Niko.Cheng Tuesday, July 26, 2016 1:20 AM
    • Marked as answer by Niko.Cheng Friday, August 5, 2016 1:45 AM
    Monday, July 18, 2016 10:24 PM