none
Project crashes when syncing to Sharepoint 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm attempting to test the use of sharepoint from MS Project.

I downloaded 32 bit Project 2010.

I have windows 7 64 bit on my machine.

When I sync to a sharepoint list project crashes

Tasks are created on the sharepoint list (List pre-built on Sharepoint or new task list). Project stops working. And when I re-opne and try to sync again Project says the list is already synced to another project plan. Seems the finalization is failing in Project.

Tried Sharepoint list to Project by opening in MS Project from Sharepoint. Same result.

Is it because I'm running 32 bit Project on my machine that is 64 bit? (I did the 32 bit because there were problems with Excel 64 bit and Sharepoint.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011 8:30 PM

Answers

• My company has two Sharepoint 2010 site collections. 

One has a 2007 style loaded which confounds many 2010 features. I'm guessing that's the problem.

When I use the pure 2010 collection the sync works fine. 

Thanks for your time. 

• Marked as answer by Johnboader Wednesday, November 16, 2011 6:29 PM
    Wednesday, November 16, 2011 6:29 PM

All replies

• Hi Johnboader,

Make sure you have Service Pack 1 for Microsoft Project 2010 installed.

Do you by any chance also have Microsoft Project 2007 installed on your computer? Because if you have both installed, that might also lead to some problems.

I hope this helps,
    Hans

My EPM blog: Projectopolis
    Wednesday, November 9, 2011 11:05 AM
  • Thanks Hans.H

I've installed the service pack on both of my machines. One is Windows 7 with Office 2010 has a 2003 version of project.

I'm going to uninstall the 2003 project.

On the other machine Windows 7 with office 2007 no other version of project, I continue to get the crash after the tasks are synced. In fact when I tried one time I had a blank task and the system said I needed a Title/Name value. I thought I was there so I added the name field in Project and did the sync and the application crashed.

Any other ideas? Settings in Sharepoint? What's odd is that it does the sync but crashes after.

Thanks,

John

Wednesday, November 9, 2011 10:15 PM
  • My company has two Sharepoint 2010 site collections. 

One has a 2007 style loaded which confounds many 2010 features. I'm guessing that's the problem.

When I use the pure 2010 collection the sync works fine. 

Thanks for your time. 

• Marked as answer by Johnboader Wednesday, November 16, 2011 6:29 PM
    Wednesday, November 16, 2011 6:29 PM