How to share created member or set to other users RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Dear,

I am using Proclarity Desktop Professional version 6.3.129.200, I put the briefing book in the network drive so that other users can access it.

I have created members or sets that I would like other users can see and use them.

My question is:

Does this Proclarity Desktop Professional version 6.3 support the Analytic Server so that I can placed my created items in [Shared Items] and other users can access these created items? If not, what is the best way to distribute these created items.

I tried to place these items in [My Items], but they are not visible to other users when they open the book. 

Thanks

Tuesday, May 11, 2010 7:39 PM

All replies

• Your 'My Items' collection is stored within the options.xml file located at 'Documents and Settings\%username%\application data\proclarity\client\'.  Unfortunately 'My Items' cannot be included with a briefing book file.  Shared Items, however, can be used in a briefing book and shared among other users.  Shared Items require a ProClarity Analytics Server to store and share the Shared Items.  ProClarity Professional 6.3 supports shared items on a 6.3 version of ProClarity Analytics Server.

Hth,

Sean

Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, May 12, 2010 10:14 PM
  • Not the perfect solution, but to share with others on an individual basis (vs public for everyone to see), you could go into the member you created, right click to edit, then copy the mdx expression and send to that person.  They could create a member, right click to edit and paste in what you have sent them.  At least that would save them from having to re-create?

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 9:10 PM