Install problem..... RRS feed

• Question

• I tried to install the window Vista into my my notebook many times, but it just hung when the loading bar shows up, when i reboot my computer and select to load the last good configurations, i can get into the window, but when i restart my computer again after installing all the drivers in it, it will hung at the same place.  When i restart my computer again by choosing the last good configurations, it need to reinstall all the drivers again.....can someone help me to solve the freezing problem at the loading screen please...

I'm using a Toshiba M40-SF300

1.8 Centrino with 2G ram, Nvidia geforce go  6600 graphic card, 100 Gig hard drive

Thursday, June 15, 2006 6:05 PM

All replies

• Were you doing an upgrade or full clean install?

Are you sure it was completely finished the install?  It took me around 6 tries to install Vista (upgrade from XP)on my Dell D800 notebook.  Each time took a long long time and all of the checkmarks were completed and it worked on the final step for a long time (apparently frozen) then it would reboot and proceed to reverse the install and restore my previous setup (Windows XP).  I eventually tried in a lower screen resolution to start the upgrade and it completed successfully.  I also removed every application and device driver that might try to load at startup or had any indication that it could be a problem in Vista.

Assuming your install is complete, is it the small grey loading bar that freezes?  Does the animation freeze, or just keep scrolling away?  I would say that if it is still moving, that you just need to wait a long long time and perhaps it will work.

Thursday, June 15, 2006 8:50 PM
  • oh, i 've tried both,1.fresh xp install then upgrade, 2.Clean install, also i've tried two different DVD disc, and one of the disc which my friend can successfully installed.Totally i tried 17 times with the same result...the loading grey bar it just frozen.
    Thursday, June 15, 2006 9:21 PM