none
administrator privilage and desktop files RRS feed

• Question

• Hello
    sorry for my bad english.
    I use steadystate with windows XP.I have program(Easycafe) must be run with admin privilage  therfore i have to create Restricted Shared Administrative Account.every thing work fine but users can write on desktop.i find that when i change the account type this problem in accour.any idea?

Friday, June 27, 2008 1:17 PM

Answers

•  

Yes, this restriction does not apply on Administrator accounts. If you would like to prevent the user to write on desktop, we can enable Windows Disk Protection.

Monday, June 30, 2008 7:37 AM

All replies

•  

Yes, this restriction does not apply on Administrator accounts. If you would like to prevent the user to write on desktop, we can enable Windows Disk Protection.

Monday, June 30, 2008 7:37 AM
  • Hi,

we run an internetcafe and use the billingsoftware Easycafe. The problem is that the program runs on the Administrator profile but it does not work when we create a new profile. It seems like Herus solved the problem, but how? Did you import the admin account or just made a new one which you called Administrator?

We rum the easycafe now on the old user profile and just turmed on the diskprotection, but we want to make some more restrictions in our intermetcafe's.

Thanks

Friday, November 14, 2008 11:37 AM