none
Project Details Page - Ordering Enterprise Custom Fields RRS feed

• Question

• The Enterprise Custom Fields that were created in PWA appear on the Project Details page in alphabetical order.  I want to be able to present a more logical ordering/grouping of the fields.  Is there a way to sort or group fields in a custom order?  Any help you can offer is appreciated...

-Dale

Monday, May 20, 2013 1:41 PM

All replies

• Dale,

While adding custom field into PDP, you can move custom filed up and down via button and you can can group them as per your wish.

Select your PDP click on Edit Page then edit web page then modify then select your custom fields and group them.

kirtesh

• Edited by Kirteshtiw Monday, May 20, 2013 2:26 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Kirteshtiw Monday, May 20, 2013 2:26 PM
    Monday, May 20, 2013 2:21 PM
  • Kirtesh,

Thanks for the reply.  When I edit the PDP page and select edit the Project Details web part, I do not get the ability to rearrange or group the fields.  Could you please provide a little more detail and clarity to the steps I need to follow?

-Dale

• Edited by Doz4 Monday, May 20, 2013 2:56 PM grammar
    Monday, May 20, 2013 2:52 PM
  • Dale,

You will not get any rearrange or group the filed button.

When you will click on Edit page, it will open in edit mode then click on Edit web page then you need to click on Modify button available in the top of right hand side of the pane then select Custom field from left pane and add it to right pane. After adding you can use Up and down button available in the pane them. In this way you will be able to arrange them as per your wish.

please see this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUPOCYWBA2U

In the 7th min video will give you needed information .

Hope this helps.

kirtesh

Monday, May 20, 2013 4:10 PM
  • I forgot to mention that I'm using Project Server 2013.  Unfortunately the web part properties do not appear to work as it did in earlier versions (in your video).   Any other thoughts or suggestions?
    Monday, May 20, 2013 4:41 PM
  • Open PWA setting then select project detail pages under workflow and project detail pages section , select your PDP open in Edit mode then click on Modify. Once it will be open in modify pane you will be able to select and arrange the custom field.

kirtesh

Monday, May 20, 2013 4:57 PM
  • Dale,

Configuration for PDP is same for 2013 what we have in 2010.

kirtesh

Monday, May 20, 2013 5:27 PM
  • The Project Details web part is not editable with respect to field order.  I suggest you use the Project Fields web part instead.

Reid McTaggart – DeltaBahn Vice President
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you. This can help other community members reading the thread.

Monday, May 20, 2013 5:54 PM
  • Dale,

Sorry.. i was confused and thought you are using Project Fields web part . Raid is right you can not be able to edit project detail page.

You can use Project Fields web part and then you can use instruction i have wrote in my comments and then you will be able to arrange custom field as per your need.

you may need to create new PDP in which you can use Project Fields web part if will not have existing one.

kirtesh

• Edited by Kirteshtiw Monday, May 20, 2013 7:13 PM
    Monday, May 20, 2013 7:12 PM
  • Reid, for some reason I'm not able to re-order the Project Fields web part either.  Any thoughts?
    Monday, May 20, 2013 8:33 PM
    1. Edit Web Part
    2. In Displayed Project Fields section, click Modify
    3. A dialog box should appear, titled Choose Project Fields
    4. In the Selected Project fields pane of the dialog box, there should be buttons labeled Up and Down
    5. Select a field name and use the buttons to move it as you desire
    6. Click OK when done

Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you. This can help other community members reading the thread.

Monday, May 20, 2013 8:57 PM
  • We had a similar situation a few days ago. We added a few custom fields and we noticed that these were added by default in the Project Details web part inside the default pdp.

It seems that in PS2013 you need to edit another web part (Project Fields?) in order to add your custom fields and re-order them as you like. By doing so, you don't need the Project Details web part afterwards, since some or all of its fields can be added in the Project Fields web part. This means that you can either remove this web part, or better, create a new pdp with only the Project Fields web part inside (keeping the default pdp intact).

So, unless I am missing something, why do we need Project Details web part in the default pdp if we cannot re-order or edit its fields ? If I remember correctly this web part worked as expected in PS2010...

BR

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 9:29 PM
  • BR,

The Project Details web part behavior is the same in 2010.  Its value is as a quick, easy way to include all the editable project-level ECFs in one PDP.  As you observed, new ECFs appear there automatically.

The Project Fields web part also behaves the same in 2010 as in 2013.

One gives you automation and completeness - at the cost of inflexibility; the other gives you control - at the cost of configuration time and maintenance.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 9:51 PM
  • Thank you Reid, it's clear now.
    Tuesday, May 21, 2013 10:14 PM
  • Reid,

Although I can access the dialog box to choose and order fields in the Basic Info webpart, I do not get that option in the Project Fields webpart. Do you suppose I have a corrupted file or something?

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 12:40 PM
  • Hi ,

also i i am unable to find modify project details web part,i can find only modify only on project fielde  web part.

Kindly suggest

Hasan Jamal Siddiqui(MCTS,MCPD,ITIL@V3),Sharepoint and EPM Consultant,TCS

Monday, September 29, 2014 10:31 AM
  • Dale,

1. Go to PWA Settings
    2. Click "Project Detail Pages" (under Workflow and Project Detail Pages)
    3. Open the page you want to modify
    4. On the top left, click "Edit Page"
    5. Click "Add a Web Part" in the main or footer (doesn't make a difference)
    6. Choose the category "Project Web App"
    7. Click "Basic Info" then "Add" on the far right.
    8. Move the mouse curser to the new Web Part to display the menu button on the top right of the Web Part.
    9. Click the menu button then Edit Web Part
    10. Click "Modify" and proceed from there.

I know it might be a little to detailed but I've been through this and if I could find a detailed instructions it would make it easier for me.

Good luck!

Fiadh

Thursday, November 5, 2015 11:51 AM