Exchange 2010: Possible to adjust parameter for Troubleshoot-DatabaseSpace.ps1? RRS feed

• Question

• We are using the Exchange 2010 management pack (6.0.6702.0).  The MP runs a script called Troubleshoot-DatabaseSpace.ps1 every 15 minutes on the disks where our databases are stored.  The way the script runs, if it finds <16% free space on the disk, it will modify the mailbox database so that it is excluded from provisioning.  For example, it runs:

Set-MailboxDatabase -Identity MyDatabase1 -IsExcludedFromProvisioning $true

At smaller disk sizes this isn't a problem, but as disk sizes get larger the required free space to avoid having provisioning be disabled becomes very large (and wasteful).  If possible, I'd like to adjust this percentage to a lower value.

I've looked through all of the rules, and the only rules I can find are:

Script event collection: Execute: Troubleshoot-DatabaseSpace diagnostic script.
    Script performance collection: Execute: Troubleshoot-DatabaseSpace diagnostic script. 

However, these rules are both disabled and it is not possible to set any parameters.  I assume that the script is being called from somewhere else.  Does anyone have thoughts on this?

Thursday, July 7, 2011 8:52 PM

Answers