none
Access Denied when create or extend new web application RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

i tried to install complete Project Server in MS Server 2008. Ran all the installation under Local admin account, and connect to SQL 2005 Server (rights as dbo, dbcreator, and securityadmin).When i go into CA, and application Management - Create or Extend Web Application.

Error message come up : Error: Access Denied. Your are currently Sign in as: Domain\username.

i digged in the forum, but could find the solution. therefore i raise this question again. hopefully someone can help me to solve this puzzle. been days playing around, now i give up.. *_*

Checked in the IIS Manager: all services Started. there is one showing OfficeServerapplicationPool running as "NetworkServices".

Appreciate for the help. many thanks

Saturday, October 2, 2010 2:13 PM

Answers

•  OfficeServerapplicationPool should run on Network Service, do not change that.

Consider you have installed the application in the local administrator user. Ex: Server name \ administrator. Login into the local admin user, later check the status.

Cheers. Happy troubleshooting !!! Sriram E - MSFT Enterprise Project Management
    Saturday, October 2, 2010 5:23 PM