Repairing Site Server RRS feed

• Question

• I have a box I am using for State Migration and as a DP. Recently it had a catastrophic failure and I had to wipe the array on the server and start from scratch. I got the DP role and the SM role installed without a problem, however the SMS_Executive service and other components that I assume come from the Component Server role are not present on the server. I can't reinstall these roles from the console (at least  not from a place I know) and the primary server seems to think the server already has these roles since they were installed prior to rebuild and won't push them out again. How can I reinstall the component server role? Is there a way to run a repair feature to push out those components again? Thanks in advance.
    Friday, January 4, 2013 5:47 PM

Answers

• Trosten, I did try that. But apparently the issue was permissions on the new build. The account is apart of an AD group that puts it into the local admin group but the server wasn't picking up the account as an admin. After troubleshooting that issue the site server was able to push out the required roles to the DP/SM again and everything returned to normal.
    • Marked as answer by Straytalk Monday, January 7, 2013 1:20 PM
    Monday, January 7, 2013 1:20 PM

All replies

• Have you already tried deleting the entire site system using the ConfigMgr console and re-adding all roles again?

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Saturday, January 5, 2013 7:37 PM
  • Trosten, I did try that. But apparently the issue was permissions on the new build. The account is apart of an AD group that puts it into the local admin group but the server wasn't picking up the account as an admin. After troubleshooting that issue the site server was able to push out the required roles to the DP/SM again and everything returned to normal.
    • Marked as answer by Straytalk Monday, January 7, 2013 1:20 PM
    Monday, January 7, 2013 1:20 PM