none
Error code 1079 on windows 8.1 RRS feed

• Question

• I have just upgraded to windows 8.1 on my Lenovo ideapad yoga 13 and my audio has stopped working. All the fixes available discuss the older versions and none are able to support 8.1. Having researched this for the last 24 hours I have done most things and am now stuck on how to align passwords in the services box. The RPC screen is greyed out and I certainly do not want to touch that but what passwords do I need to put in the windows audio box to align. It is trying to start locally and  so I think I need to align it with the RPC passwords. How do I do this as I need to know what the RPC pass words is?
    • Moved by Shanky_621MVP Wednesday, June 4, 2014 6:02 PM more related forum
    • Moved by Marvin_Guo Thursday, June 12, 2014 7:14 AM
    Wednesday, June 4, 2014 5:00 PM

All replies

• The topic of this forum is MS SQL Server, not Windows; you should post your question to a more related forum.

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Wednesday, June 4, 2014 5:03 PM
  • Hello,

It seems that you are running into a windows product issue, I would like suggest you asking it to:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, June 5, 2014 5:48 AM