none
Project Server 2013 - Predecessor, Successor and External Task Link RRS feed

Answers

• Hi Tony,

I do not really believe that will help him.

Deliverables might be an alternative to cross-project-links. If they do for SJ, he could go with the deliverables.

But the Tasks OData that you reference do not contain predecessor/successor information (seems to be simply the content of the dbo.msp_epmtasks table.

Kind regards

Christoph

Christoph Muelder | Senior Consultant, MCSE, MCT | SOLVIN information management GmbH, Germany

• Marked as answer by SJ_PPM Sunday, April 7, 2013 9:17 PM
    Wednesday, January 30, 2013 6:21 AM

All replies

• Hi SJ,

it is the same with 2013 as with the earlier versions.

You may access the information in the draft and published tables and views. But it might be that your reports will not work any more after some update is applied. This is meant by "not supported".

As OData allows only access to the Reporting tables and views, it will not give you any advantages here.

Kind regards

Christoph

Christoph Muelder | Senior Consultant, MCSE, MCT | SOLVIN information management GmbH, Germany

• Proposed as answer by Kashif Nizam Wednesday, January 30, 2013 3:13 PM
    Wednesday, January 30, 2013 6:13 AM
  • Hey SJ,

Great question, I think you'll be pretty impressed with the improvements as you get the hang of leveraging OData.  Focusing on the cross project links challenge, I would suggest using the Deliverables functionality in both projects versus straight links between projects. This should provide you more visibility in the Project Sites, Project Pro and your reporting. Here's the Odata definitions that would reveal those cross project Deliverables and their dependencies.

Deliverable_DependentProjects
    Deliverable_DependentTasks
    Deliverable_ParentProjects
    Deliverable_ParentTasks
    Deliverable_Project

If you're looking for task information only, then you can use the Tasks OData

Here's the Schema that defines all of them mentioned above.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/jj163529.aspx

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 6:14 AM
  • Hi Tony,

I do not really believe that will help him.

Deliverables might be an alternative to cross-project-links. If they do for SJ, he could go with the deliverables.

But the Tasks OData that you reference do not contain predecessor/successor information (seems to be simply the content of the dbo.msp_epmtasks table.

Kind regards

Christoph

• Marked as answer by SJ_PPM Sunday, April 7, 2013 9:17 PM
    Wednesday, January 30, 2013 6:21 AM
  • Hi Christoph and Tony,

Thank you very much for your response.

Tony, sorry, but that won't do it for me in the case of cross project links.

Christoph, thank you for clarifying the "not supported" for PS2013 version :-)

Kind regards,

SJ

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 8:23 AM