Other local computers and shared folders are not visible in Network and can't create new shared folders RRS feed

• Question

• On my desktop PC with windows 7 Ultimate 64 I can no longer access a shared folder on my notebook or the other PC. All other computers are not visible, only the cable modem and my computer is in Network and I have internet access. Checked all relevant settings in advanced network sharing options in the control panel. When I click on my computer name in Network I get "This computer is not accessible" and my shared drives are not listed. I can not create a new share 'your folder can not be shared' is the result. Checked the services and all processes are started as Computer Browser , DHCP Client, DNS Client, Function Discovery Resource Publication, Network Location Awareness, Remote Procedure Call (RPC), Server, SSDP Discovery, TCP/IP NetBIOS, UPnP Device Host and Workstation. Have run the sfc /scannow command and disabled the windows firewall but nothing changed. I have no idea where to look further, event log does not show a thing.
    Tuesday, July 5, 2011 10:35 AM

Answers

• The problem was solved by uninstalling all items from the local network adapter. After a restart and installing client and protocols was there no problem with accessing local network and creating shared folders.
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Thursday, July 7, 2011 6:49 AM
    Tuesday, July 5, 2011 2:27 PM