none
IE Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an issue with IE.

When I move a mouse cursor over any link, the cursor will blink into the hand for a second and then turn back into an arrow on IE.

Links still works fine, but the mouse cursor no longer has the 'hand' pointer.

Any help would be appreciated.

Prashant

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 3:59 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Perhaps you have Caret Browsing turned on. (View>Caret Browsing)(F7).

Regards.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 11:33 PM
  • Hi Prashant98111,

In addition, we could try running "iexplore -extoff" and see if you still have problems. If you do then it is a plug-in/add-on that you've got on your system.

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 7:05 AM
  • Thanks for your reply.

I have tried on or off Caret Browsing and ran "iexplore -estoff" without addons but issue still same.

Actually we have applied around 150 policies for IE after that we are facing this issue on all 5 machines. i have tried to revert some policies which i thought which may cause the issue but its not resolving the issue.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Prashant

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 1:18 PM
  • Hi,

you did not mention that you were using a GPO....

If this is happening on all machines that are using the same profile, then its caused by one of your GPO settings. The only feature that fits your description is Caret Browsing.... possibly an Accessibility setting.... or an unrelated Mouse setting for Control Panel items (does the cursor blink when you hover over links in Emails in Office Outlook?)... or as Carl mentioned, one of your IE Addons.

Also include your Windows and IE versions with your questions. You should be at least using Windows 7 with IE11. On domain networks you should be deploying "Enterprise Site Mode Lists" for legacy Intranet domains.

Regards.

Rob^_^

Thursday, March 23, 2017 7:44 PM
  • Thanks Rob for your reply..

Yes its happening on all the machines.. i am trying to figure out which GPO is impacting. i need to revert back around 200 GPO Settings and need to check one by one :(

We are using Win7 with IE 11 

Anyway thanks again.

Prashant

Monday, March 27, 2017 1:25 PM