Laptop getting heated after upgrading to windows 8 and hence battery drain RRS feed

• Question

• I have an Acer 5830TG model laptop.I Recently upgraded it to windows 8 pro from windows 7. In windows 7, I used to get 6-7 hours of battery usage in balanced mode.After upgrading to windows 8 pro, I just got 2-3 hours of battery backup in balanced mode, since my system was heating and fan used to remain on continuously.After changing the mode to power saver, the battery back up has increased to 4 hours and the fan is also remaining off since the laptop is not heating up.can any one help me optimize my battery back up to 6 hours, the way it used to give me in windows 7 in balanced mode.

Further details about my system are as follows-

1)Intel core i3 2330m, 3gb ram, 500 gb hdd, 1 gb nvidia gt540m memory

All the required bios and drivers were updated by me after upgrading to windows 8 pro

Saturday, February 2, 2013 2:31 PM

All replies

• Other users also seen this, but we have no solution:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w8itproperf/thread/6f9700c4-e6be-4321-9246-a59094c72777

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Saturday, February 2, 2013 3:30 PM
    Answerer
  • Power management behaviors are controled by the BIOS. Upgrade the BIOS and see if it helps. I suggest you contact the computer manfuacturer for more information.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Monday, February 4, 2013 7:56 AM
  • I have already upgraded my bios while upgrading to windows 8 pro...but then too I am facing this problem.
    Monday, February 4, 2013 5:14 PM
  • have you downloaded the drivers from Acer website or directly from the site of the manufactures (Intel, AMD, nVIDIA)?

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 6:06 AM
    Answerer
  • I have downloaded the drivers from acer website
    Tuesday, February 5, 2013 11:50 AM