Dashboard shows protection status: "Not Reporting" RRS feed

• Question

• Please see the attached screenshot. 

I've tried reading various guides on troubleshooting but I can't pinpoint the problem. How can I find out what the problem is? I've looked at various logs and files to see what might be the problem but still, don't understand what the problem is here. I don't have an intimate knowledge of SCCM or FEP as this is a part of our hosted environment and unfortunately, we're the first to roll out FEP with these folks. They have hardly any experience themselves and getting FEP and SCCM deployed was a bit of a pain to say the least.

Can anyone help please? I've been working at this for over a month here and there as I don't have the time to dedicate to it. Users have the AV installed and it's updating OK so I've been limping along. 

Thanks in advance!

Monday, January 23, 2012 8:25 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for your post.

Please perform steps below to resolve your issue:
    1. On "Not reporting"  clients, run Hardware Inventory Cycle in configuration manager applets.
    2. On ConfigMgr server, install KB2504229, remove Management Point and reinstall BITS IIS Server extensions(via Server Manager features). Then reinstall Management Point.

If there are more inquiries on this issue, please feel free to let us know.

Regards,

Rick Tan

TechNet Community Support

Friday, January 27, 2012 2:05 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Interesting, DCM seems to work as you get malware alerts and status..

The policy is distirbuted using the Software Distribution component in SCCM, Check the advertisement status report for the FEP Policy advertisement.
    How did you deploy the FEP client? Boundries correct in the site?

I would start by checking the Advertisement status.

Regards,
    Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec
    Monday, January 23, 2012 8:45 PM
  • Jorgen,

Thanks for your quick response.

I deployed the FEP client from SCCM. I put computers in respective collections according to department. It was the only logical way I could think of at the time for managing users whose installations may have failed. I would right click on the collection, hit install client, and from there I would visit the client machines just to verify the configmgr installed.

Currently I'm seeing some users who have ConfigMgr but the connection type shows as "Unknown" which may be accounting for failed deployments. From the beginning the installation didn't seem very clean but again, I don't have any experience with FEP or SCCM so I couldn't give much in the way of guidance.

Where can I check the, "advertisement status report for the FEP policy advertisement?"

As far as I can tell, boundaries look correct.

Monday, January 23, 2012 10:21 PM
  • Hi,

Run the report "all advertsiements" and from that you can drill down to the FEP policy advertisement.

Regards,

Jörgen

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 5:45 AM
  • Jorgen,

Thanks again for taking the time to respond. Here's what's in the report:

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 5:46 PM
  • Hi,

Check the report called "Status of a specific advertisiement" and select the Default Desktop policy.

Regards,
    Jörgen

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 7:35 PM
  • Well, this definitely doesn't look good. 58 of the machines that have the client show the following --

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 7:43 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your post.

Please perform steps below to resolve your issue:
    1. On "Not reporting"  clients, run Hardware Inventory Cycle in configuration manager applets.
    2. On ConfigMgr server, install KB2504229, remove Management Point and reinstall BITS IIS Server extensions(via Server Manager features). Then reinstall Management Point.

If there are more inquiries on this issue, please feel free to let us know.

Regards,

Rick Tan

TechNet Community Support

Friday, January 27, 2012 2:05 AM