none
can I delete the temp ERRLOG files? RRS feed

• Question

• i have a lot of *.errlog files in c:\program files (x86)\microsoft dpm\dpm\temp

Can the older ones safely be deleted?

Also, is it possible to shrink the dpm database?

Wednesday, January 12, 2011 9:15 PM

Answers

• Hi WesLazara,

You can delete those log files it won’t hurt anything. I am not sure how to shrink the database. Maybe someone else will have insight on that.

Thursday, January 13, 2011 6:50 AM
  • WesLazara,

DPM Automatically deletes them after retention range is expired, so one doesnt need to delete them manually. Also, for any issues they are critical in analyzing the root cause.

Yes, the dpmdb can be shrinked in the SQL management studio.

Thanks,

GeethaKrishna

//* As is provided without warranties and confers no rights*//

Thursday, January 13, 2011 6:52 AM

All replies

• Hi WesLazara,

You can delete those log files it won’t hurt anything. I am not sure how to shrink the database. Maybe someone else will have insight on that.

Thursday, January 13, 2011 6:50 AM
  • WesLazara,

DPM Automatically deletes them after retention range is expired, so one doesnt need to delete them manually. Also, for any issues they are critical in analyzing the root cause.

Yes, the dpmdb can be shrinked in the SQL management studio.

Thanks,

GeethaKrishna

//* As is provided without warranties and confers no rights*//

Thursday, January 13, 2011 6:52 AM
  • I would have assumed that to be the case, however it doesn't seem to be.  This particular server's oldest recovery points are from 1/10/2011 (basically just started things over) but the logs go back to April 2010...
    Thursday, January 13, 2011 5:52 PM
  • WesLazara,

No it doesn't.  I'm here because it's 2016 and I have .errlog files as far back as 2011.  Over 1GB worth.
    Monday, June 20, 2016 9:57 PM