none
Add a batch or its shortcut to Windows 8 Taskbar RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    I would like to pin somethings to my taskbar, using powershell (so that using GPO I can customize my domain users settings).

I'm experiencing some issue, trying to pin a batch file or its shortcut:

Checking Its "Verbs", I don't see "Pin from Tas&kbar".

These are its verbs:

&Open                                                                                                                                                                          
    &Edit                                                                                                                                                                          
    &Print                                                                                                                                                                         
    Run as &administrator                                                                                                                                                          
    Edit with &Notepad++                                                                                                                                                           
    Restore previous &versions                                                                                                                                                     

Cu&t                                                                                                                                                                           
    &Copy                                                                                                                                                                          
    Create &shortcut                                                                                                                                                               
    &Delete                                                                                                                                                                        
    Rena&me                                                                                                                                                                        
    P&roperties   

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Giovanni

• Edited by GiovanniF Wednesday, June 25, 2014 9:59 PM
    Wednesday, June 25, 2014 9:58 PM

Answers

All replies

• What you want to do is not available through script.

-- Bill Stewart [Bill_Stewart]

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 10:07 PM
  • Hi Giovanni,

you can do this packaging the script file into an executable. I'm not sure IExpress.exe (on-board windows tool) can do this, however for powershell scripts, both the free PowerGUI and the not-so-free but significantly superior when it comes to Powershell Scripting Sapien Powershell Studio can package them into an executable. Executables and their shortcuts can be pinned.

And if you want to create shortcuts and pin those ... this function might be of interest to you :)

Cheers,
    Fred

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 10:24 PM