Security Access Module (SAM) for 5.3 patch level verification RRS feed

• Question

• How can I tell what version of the Security Access Module (SAM) for 5.3 is installed, I see several patches available for download but want to verify what patch level my environment is currently running under.  Does SAM the GUI tell you?

Thursday, September 8, 2011 7:21 PM

All replies

• Hi Bradley,

As the SAM Admin GUI only reports the base version of SAM that is running on the system, one can confirm the version of service pack or patches by looking at the jar files that are in the folder %FASTSEARCH%\adminserver\webapps\sam\WEB-INF\lib.

For example, if there are jar files in the %FASTSEARCH%\adminserver\webapps\sam\WEB-INF\lib folder that have 5.3.0 in the title (example: adprincipalaliaser-5.3.0.jar), then the system is running SAM 5.3 without patches. If the jar files in the lib folder have 5.3.1 in the jar file name, then the system is patched with SAM 5.3 SP1. If the jar files in the lib folder have 5.3.2 in the jar file name, then the system is patched with SAM 5.3 SP2. 

Thanks!

Rob Vazzana | Sr Support Escalation Engineer | US Customer Service & Support

Customer Service & Support                          Microsoft | Services

• Proposed as answer by Rob Va - MSFT Thursday, September 15, 2011 4:40 PM
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 4:40 PM