How to enable 3G signal radio on Toshiba Portege R500? RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi folks,

I had Vista on a Toshiba Portege R500. On the desktop there was a small menu (from Toshiba, surely) that had a possibility to activate the 3G signal radio and I was able to log on and access after to my preferred network via VPN.

When I installed the windows 7 the wireless was on (it's a pre-requisite) and it worked (I could connect to wireles lan), but right now, I'm not able to activate the 3G signal radio. The driver, for the Novatel Wireless HSDPA Modem, is installed correctly.

The WWAN service is started and when I try to connect via Mobilink software to activate the 3G connection, I got this message: "Your WWAN client adapter is still disabled".

Your help will be highly appreciated.

IbnChrifa

Saturday, May 9, 2009 4:59 AM

Answers

All replies

• Solved

http://fr.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/download_drivers_bios.jsp?service=FR

Download and install:

1 - 15/11/07 MobiLink Novatel            Windows Vista 32 Bit 2.02.18  World Wide

2  - 05/03/08 Firmware Update Novatel Windows Vista 32 Bit 10.9.0802 World Wide

IC
    • Marked as answer by IbnChrifa Monday, May 11, 2009 12:51 PM
    Monday, May 11, 2009 12:51 PM
  • I also had this problem with my Motion Computing LE 1700 tablet running Windows 7 RC. When I started the Novotel application displayed all the time "Radio off" and when I whanted to connect the "Your WWAN client adapter is still disabled" message appeared all the time. Driver and application updates did not help.

Then I installed the Motion Dashboard application shipped with the tablet and I found a small checkbox in the wireless section called "Mobile Broadband" unchecked.

After enabling, everything went smooth as before.
    I hope you also have some kind of Toshiba Dashboard.

Saturday, August 15, 2009 8:33 AM
  • WINDOWS 7

1.-Let Windows to solve the problem searching the drivers on the net
    2. Upgrade firmware. 20417773_NVTL_FUU_800_10.9.0802_PkgB
    3. Install this:

app_3g_wan_manager_TC10031700B
    driver_3g_option_TC10029100B

Search on http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/navShell.jsp?cf=Windows7#

4.-Uninstall software (Mobilink, etc)
    5.-Install software again

If you have problems send me a email EMAIL REMOVED

Bye.

Thursday, October 8, 2009 9:41 PM