none
Howto test local windows password policy? OR Howto delete a windows user with powershell? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I want to validate a password and check whether it meet Windows policy requirements. Is there any way to that?

At the moment, I try to create a dummy user with the password using ADSI. This works fine, but I don't know how to delete the user. 

Thanks

Friday, November 28, 2014 8:23 AM

Answers

All replies

• This may be helpful - 

Similar Thread

Friday, November 28, 2014 9:30 AM
  • What's provoking the question?

-- Bill Stewart [Bill_Stewart]

Friday, November 28, 2014 12:04 PM
  • What's provoking the question?

I'm developing a setup for an application. The application installs a windows service which needs to run as a user account (to communicate with ms analysis services). The user can enter an existing windows user account - or create a new one.
    Monday, December 1, 2014 8:41 AM
  • As noted in the referenced thread, the only API available is the NetValidatePasswordPolicy Win32 API.

However, MSDN specifically states the following about this API:

The NetValidatePasswordPolicy function does not validate passwords in Active Directory accounts and cannot be used for this purpose. The only policy that this function checks a password against in Active Directory accounts is the password complexity (the password strength).

I don't see how doing this will help your setup. In any case, this is not really a scripting question, is it?

Monday, December 1, 2014 3:40 PM