none
IE cant access internet between LAN and Mobile Broadband connection RRS feed

• Question

• Good day All

At work we use a proxy server to access the Internet and at home I uses Mobile broadband. The problem starts whenever I get home I need to go and uncheck the proxy server settings under the Tools\Options\Connections\LAN Settings. Is there a way for me to access the internet via IE without every time to go uncheck the Proxy Settings.

My Current system is: Windows 8.1, IE 11

Any urgent help will be much appreciated

enrico

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 2:23 PM

Answers

All replies

• need to go and uncheck the proxy server settings under the Tools\Options\Connections\LAN Settings.

You can automate that in various ways.  E.g.   control.exe  inetcpl.cpl,,4  should help.  Otherwise figure out what you change, e.g. using ProcMon, code that using reg.exe commands and stick them in a .cmd file. 

Also, there are supposedly third-party tools which do this and more as a GUI.  A long time ago it was NetSwitcher that I first became aware of when this question came up but I have never used it or bothered to try to list and evaluate any others which might exist, free or otherwise.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 3:48 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

There is no interface design to accomplish this.

If you want to change it depending on the network connection, please refer to this thread:

http://superuser.com/questions/45871/can-i-make-windows-7-change-my-proxy-settings-based-on-my-network-connection

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 1, 2015 7:10 AM
  • Hi Karen

I have created the PAC file and added to an IIS server. Also added the mime type. But when I test it the PAC don't seem to execute, is there something that I am missing. I am just testing it to go through my LAN and IE don't reach internet at all. I have tested that I can download the PAC file.

enrico

Wednesday, April 1, 2015 10:33 AM
  • Hi,

Please read this article to see if it's helpful:

Understanding Web Proxy Configuration

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ieinternals/archive/2013/10/11/web-proxy-configuration-and-ie11-changes.aspx

For further help, it's recommended to ask in IIS forum for more professional troubleshoot:

http://forums.iis.net/1052.aspx/1?Troubleshooting

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 2, 2015 8:57 AM