outlook rules not working using outlook from the web RRS feed

• Question

• trying to block new waves of junk email from *.co***te.a***aws.com. Set up a rule to delete message when from address contains "co***te.a***s.com" but it's not working at all. No other rules. Any suggestions?
    Monday, April 22, 2019 6:16 PM

Answers

• Hi Aidan, thanks for looking into this and giving me a diagnosis which points me in the right direction. I'll follow up and look for a way to close this thread.

Thanks again

Monday, April 29, 2019 10:27 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please make sure the box of the rule is checked and the option "and stop processing more rules" is selected.

If you confirm that the options mentioned above are correct, it is suggested to click the "Run Rules Now.." button and see if the junk emails are deleted.

Besides, if you don't want to receive this person's messages anymore, it is also suggested to block the sender: Right-click the junk email then click Junk > Block Sender.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, April 23, 2019 7:07 AM
  • thanks Aidan

I see that your illustrations are very different from what I am working with. I run Outlook from a web client on Mac and I make rules that look like this: dang I can't see the upload - but my rules don't work. I think you are answering based on a different model of use of rules and yours works and mine don't

Wednesday, April 24, 2019 12:23 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Could you please tell me the type of the account you are using?

And how about the screenshot shown below.

If possible, please send the screenshot of your model to the following email address that we use to collect information:

GBSD TN Office Information Collection ibsofc@microsoft.com

Please add a link to this post in the subject of the email to facilitate the differentiation of the email. We will review and further analyze after receiving the email.

(Notice: Please remove the privacy information.)

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, April 25, 2019 8:08 AM
  • Hi Aidan, thanks. I sent an email with subject:

Microsoft Office  >  Outlook IT Pro Discussions - outlook rules not working using outlook from the web

Hope I have included right info.

Thx - Lee Anderson

Thursday, April 25, 2019 11:33 AM
  • Hi Lee,

I have received your message and thanks for your updates.
    According to the information you provided, your issue is more related to Outlook.com and here we mainly focus on general issues about Outlook desktop client. So it is suggested to post a new thread to the Outlook.com forum for more dedicated response.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thanks for your understanding and hope your question will be resolved soon.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Monday, April 29, 2019 8:57 AM
  • Hi Aidan, thanks for looking into this and giving me a diagnosis which points me in the right direction. I'll follow up and look for a way to close this thread.

Thanks again

Monday, April 29, 2019 10:27 AM
  • Hi Lee,

Thanks for your reply.

It is suggested to keep this thread here, so that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread. Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Tuesday, April 30, 2019 1:21 AM