none
IE11 upgrade but showing both old version and IE11 as well ? RRS feed

• Question

• Folks,

Am from SCCM , I deployed to IE11 to all users but few users still showing IE11 and older version when I run the SQL query with help of Inventory

why both versions showing, as I know the IE11 is update ...but in Add remove program nothing showing in Installed update IE11 update showing

Please click answer If it works Thanks KMI

Thursday, January 21, 2016 11:46 AM

Answers

• Hi Krishna,

From our experience and search, there is no way to install two version of IE on one computer, could you please tell us that which two versions of IE browsers have been installed on your users’ computers.

As we know, high version’s IE would cover low version’s IE, as you said, you couldn’t see any update in Add remove program. Since these computers wouldn’t receive IE 11’s update, why they can use this version, it makes me confused.

In my opinion, please check the problematic computers’ status, make sure they can receive push from server. Then, we need to confirm if IE11 is installed properly, what about manually install on the problematic PC. Beside, you could also execute system restore on those problematic computers and re-push update to them by SCCM.

One thing we could also utilize, IE11 installation log can help us to find if there is any error during installation.

Hope my clarification is clear.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Saturday, January 23, 2016 8:29 AM

All replies

• Hi Krishna,

From our experience and search, there is no way to install two version of IE on one computer, could you please tell us that which two versions of IE browsers have been installed on your users’ computers.

As we know, high version’s IE would cover low version’s IE, as you said, you couldn’t see any update in Add remove program. Since these computers wouldn’t receive IE 11’s update, why they can use this version, it makes me confused.

In my opinion, please check the problematic computers’ status, make sure they can receive push from server. Then, we need to confirm if IE11 is installed properly, what about manually install on the problematic PC. Beside, you could also execute system restore on those problematic computers and re-push update to them by SCCM.

One thing we could also utilize, IE11 installation log can help us to find if there is any error during installation.

Hope my clarification is clear.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Saturday, January 23, 2016 8:29 AM
  • Hi,
    Would you mind letting me know the result of the suggestions? If you need further assistance, feel free to let me know. I will be more than happy to be of assistance.

Friday, February 5, 2016 3:45 AM
  • Need to step up and need all obute

Sunday, February 7, 2016 6:23 AM
  • Add remove program nothing showing in Installed update IE11 update showing

The place to look is in Windows Features.  IE is a component of the OS.  In the case of W7 IE11 may be seen as an update to Windows but that could mean it has only been installed but not applied.  Some users apparently are having a problem getting that last phase done but then on inspection it usually turns out that they are starting from a woefully out-of-date OS; e.g. the real problem then would be that something is blocking the apply phase of security updates and has been doing so for a long time.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Tuesday, February 9, 2016 6:41 PM
    Answerer