Voicemail Message and Notification Not Sending to Mailbox RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I currently have Skype for Business 2015 integrated with Exchange 2016. I am able to dial to the auto attendant and get to where I can leave a voice message and get the response "Message Sent" but the voicemail never appears in Outlook, nor in the Skype for Business client.

Everything seems to work fine, except that the message never sends to Outlook or the client. Any ideas?

Monday, May 8, 2017 8:40 PM

Answers

• I was able to get this resolved. Found that a transport rule was blocking that message on the server essentially being sent to itself. I had to add the .local local domain to the rule exceptions and change the "sender address matches" to "Header and Envelope".

VMs are now being delivered to the user's mailbox.

• Marked as answer by kmackinley Wednesday, May 10, 2017 7:51 PM
    Wednesday, May 10, 2017 7:51 PM

All replies

• Hi kmackinley,

Did the issue only appear on the specific client?

Please try the following troubleshooting steps

1. Check if the issue only appear on the specific client, if it appeared on the specific client, please try to delete SFB cache files and install the latest update for it then test again.
    2. Perform a clean boot on your computer.
    3. You could also try the methods in the article below, please refer to

http://hkmaheshwaris.blogspot.sg/2015/06/voicemail-not-showing-up-on-lync-skype.html

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 9, 2017 6:27 AM
  • This you need to verify the application event logs on the UM server.Basically you have to troubleshoot the mail flow of voicemail.most of the cases you will get error logs on UM server.Also verify the integration is complete from exchange as well as SFB.

Jayakumar K

Tuesday, May 9, 2017 9:06 AM
  • Ive tried these steps and even ran the test-csexumconnectivity and test-csexumvoicemail commands successfully from my Front End server. Event logs are not very conclusive and I've been monitoring them as I've tried to leave a voice message.
    Tuesday, May 9, 2017 2:47 PM
  • I've got a minor update. I am now able to see the voicemails go to the Voicemail folder in \UnifiedMessaging\Voicemail on the Exchange UM server and then a few seconds later, they disappear. Still no voicemail in Outlook, or the Skype for Business client. 
    Wednesday, May 10, 2017 2:38 PM
  • I was able to get this resolved. Found that a transport rule was blocking that message on the server essentially being sent to itself. I had to add the .local local domain to the rule exceptions and change the "sender address matches" to "Header and Envelope".

VMs are now being delivered to the user's mailbox.

• Marked as answer by kmackinley Wednesday, May 10, 2017 7:51 PM
    Wednesday, May 10, 2017 7:51 PM
  • Hi kmackinley,

I am glad to hear that your issue has been resolved, and thanks for your sharing because it will help others who has the similar issue.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 11, 2017 1:29 AM
  • I have to same issue, do you have a screen shot of the rule you created? i am trying to add this on to an exchange 2013 server
    Tuesday, November 6, 2018 9:38 PM