Hardware Id: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A42&SUBSYS_FF661179&REV_07

Setup class GUID: {4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

PnP problem code: 0000000A

Driver name: vgapnp.sys

Driver version: 6.0.6001.18000

Driver date: 01-21-2008

OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3

Locale ID: 4105

Windows was able to successfully install device driver software, but the driver software encountered a problem when it tried to run. The problem code is 10.

Thursday, July 23, 2009 6:28 AM

Answers

• Hi

I know that you mean.
    Normally there is always a backup disc shipped with the hardware. With this CD or DVD you can either restore the factory settings or recover the drivers.

You are right, by buying an OEM notebook, you don't get a retail Windows DVD, only this backup disc (Toshiba, IBM, Intel, Asus, Acer, ...).

So I hope your manufacturer sent it toghether with the notebook.
    And with this disc, you can restore the factory settings.

regards
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 6:18 AM

All replies

• Hi

please show us your systems specifications and tell us in what situation your problem happens.

regards
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 7:03 AM
  • Hi Chris,

here is my system specifications. Toshiba satellite L300-OHH intel core 2 duo t6400 with 4GB memory
    with windows vista home premium service pack 2 64bit operating system.

i saw error message in my problem reports and solutions program
    any help is appreciated.
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 7:11 AM
  • Ok.

Have you installed all drivers correctly?

Regarding the error message, Windows can't find any graphic-drivers.

regards
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 7:34 AM
  • Chris,

graphic driver is Intel generic express chipset GM4500
    all drivers installed correctly,  but i have other errors to the same problem if you see my other posted threads,
    such as error 39 and peristence module stoped working as well.
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 4:51 PM
  • Hi

I have read your other threads and all of them refer to your onboard graphic card.
    Obviously the graphic adapter is the problem.

Have you tried to completely reinstall Windows?
    Because reinstalling the drivers doesn't help, as you said, I would recommend to reinstall Windows, or use the System Restore.

If you do so and the errors still appear, it's not a software problem (assumed that all drivers are installed correctly then).

And if this doesn't help either, please contact your manufacturer for further support.
    http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/home.jsp
    http://www.futureshop.ca

regards
    Friday, July 24, 2009 5:38 AM
  • Chris,

Thank you for your reply.
    Computer and all the driver / software were working correctly untill i used Windows update program,
    after installing all neccessary updates as recommended by this application, i now have this driver issue.
    So to me it means it is the software problem, and i don't know how to fix it.
    How do i restore the drivers and windows service pack to original state?
    second - it seems to me that there is no point of using microsoft update program because 
    your original drivers will become unstable later on. 
    Thank you,
    Saha. 
    Friday, July 24, 2009 3:41 PM
  • Hi

Regarding Windows Update, I was faced with the same problem, that I had problems with some applications after specific updates.

I would recommend to reinstall Windows, so you can be sure that there is nothing "damaging" your system until you start updating.
    At first, please only apply those updates from Windows Update which are marked as Critical and Important.

After that, you can install the other updates, like Windows Live Add-Ins, non-important Office updates, ...

So if you start with a clean install, everything should be fine.

regards

Monday, July 27, 2009 5:26 AM
  • Chris,
    Thank you for getting back to me.
    I have only one question - Is there a way instead of reinstalling windows from scratch, because i don't have windows Vista home premium CD
    (Windows Vista came with the Notebook). to get to the installation state as you would turn on your notebook for the first time and it starts the installaion for you?. (I had this set up when i brought the notebook from the store).
    Thank you again.
    Sasha.
    Monday, July 27, 2009 4:47 PM
  • Hi

I know that you mean.
    Normally there is always a backup disc shipped with the hardware. With this CD or DVD you can either restore the factory settings or recover the drivers.

You are right, by buying an OEM notebook, you don't get a retail Windows DVD, only this backup disc (Toshiba, IBM, Intel, Asus, Acer, ...).

So I hope your manufacturer sent it toghether with the notebook.
    And with this disc, you can restore the factory settings.

regards
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 6:18 AM
  •  Your computer will now scan the all the hardware connected. After it comes across the display hardware, it will automatically install the default drivers.

Thursday, February 13, 2020 1:12 PM