Word 2010 blinks/flashes in taskbar when opening another document from within Internet Explorer RRS feed

• Question

• Using Office 2010 Professional. If I have an open word doc and try to open a word doc from IE, the new document stays minimized until I click on the flashing task bar. 
    • Moved by Forrest Guo Monday, August 13, 2012 2:26 AM IT pro question (From:Office 2013 Preview for Developers)
    Friday, August 10, 2012 3:24 AM

Answers

• Hi,

This behavior may be caused by third-party Add-ins, to verify this, run Word in safe mode to check the issue.

Press Windows key + R, and type winword /safe in the Run window, press Enter.
    Open one word document, and Open Word document from IE test if it helps.

If no avail, please try this workaround:

Windows 7:

Click start -> All programs -> Microsoft Office -> Right click Microsoft Word -> Properties -> Shortcut tab -> click to expand the dropdown list on the right of Run, point to Maxminzed.

Restart your Word to check if it has been fixed.

You can also test in Cascade windows, right click on the Taskbar -> click Cascade windows.

Best regards.

William Zhou

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 6:30 AM

All replies

• I have the same annoying bug.
    • Edited by FabricamCan Monday, August 13, 2012 8:53 PM
    Monday, August 13, 2012 8:51 PM
  • Hi,

This behavior may be caused by third-party Add-ins, to verify this, run Word in safe mode to check the issue.

Press Windows key + R, and type winword /safe in the Run window, press Enter.
    Open one word document, and Open Word document from IE test if it helps.

If no avail, please try this workaround:

Windows 7:

Click start -> All programs -> Microsoft Office -> Right click Microsoft Word -> Properties -> Shortcut tab -> click to expand the dropdown list on the right of Run, point to Maxminzed.

Restart your Word to check if it has been fixed.

You can also test in Cascade windows, right click on the Taskbar -> click Cascade windows.

Best regards.

William Zhou

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 6:30 AM
  • check this link this may help you out

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2007-word/a-blank-document-stays-on-the-taskbar-when-i-open/6f27cd2b-2faf-4ab5-acd4-6912c4f15081?tab=MoreHelp

Thursday, August 16, 2012 12:32 PM