windows 10 1709 vs 1803 RRS feed

• Question

• question

Why would the touchscreen function different in the two verison

In 1709Bild 16299.522) enterprise the touchscreen will not respond the a text box input i.e. press the screen inside a text box application, the touchscreen keyboard will not appear.

Yet in the latest verison 1803 enterprise(without a current patches) it will appear in every applications inculding the text box applications

What i'm i missing between the two verisons

I looked at both the drivers and so on, and cannot find any differences,

Is there some extra services installed on the latest builds for enhanced functions

Grasping at straws NOW

Thanks

Monday, July 9, 2018 8:16 AM

Answers

• Thanks It’s so strange as each application worked in previous version ie windows 7 pro But it simply doesn’t work in windows 10 unless upgraded to the latest 1803 enterprise version, but even stranger it works in windows 10 n and lower versions It would nice to get a list of services than are different in each version in regard to the touchscreen interface
    • Marked as answer by Mark rj Thursday, July 12, 2018 2:03 PM
    Monday, July 9, 2018 7:34 PM
  • Hi Mark,

I cannot find any information about the changes on touchscreen. I think that's should be the driver differences provided by the manufacturer.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 10, 2018 7:34 AM
  • Hi It’s such a strange issue, I checked the drivers in both versions, and they are 3xactly the same driver provided by ms I guess be some legecy issues, or in the latest versions s9mething is back Lol
    • Marked as answer by Mark rj Monday, July 30, 2018 10:15 AM
    Thursday, July 12, 2018 2:03 PM

All replies

• In each new build there are improvements and I believe this has been done to enhance user experience of fix some bugs, if it cause any issue, try report it through Feedback Hub app.
    Monday, July 9, 2018 4:49 PM
  • Thanks It’s so strange as each application worked in previous version ie windows 7 pro But it simply doesn’t work in windows 10 unless upgraded to the latest 1803 enterprise version, but even stranger it works in windows 10 n and lower versions It would nice to get a list of services than are different in each version in regard to the touchscreen interface
    Monday, July 9, 2018 7:34 PM
  • Hi Mark,

I cannot find any information about the changes on touchscreen. I think that's should be the driver differences provided by the manufacturer.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 10, 2018 7:34 AM
  • Hi It’s such a strange issue, I checked the drivers in both versions, and they are 3xactly the same driver provided by ms I guess be some legecy issues, or in the latest versions s9mething is back Lol
    • Marked as answer by Mark rj Monday, July 30, 2018 10:15 AM
    Thursday, July 12, 2018 2:03 PM