none
Filter slipped tasks RRS feed

• Question

• We use project server 2013 and I would like to set up a view that shows 'slipped tasks', i.e. all tasks who finish date is after the deadline date.

How do I do this as it doesn't seem possible to compare two fields in a filter?

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 12:16 PM

All replies

• Ness --

First of all, when the Finish date of a task slips past its Deadline date, Microsoft Project will display a red diamond in the Indicators column.  If you have a large project and want to filter for this condition, the filter criteria would be:

Deadline          Does not equal          NA

And     Deadline          Is less than               [Finish]

I created and tested this filter and it does work.  I created it by making a copy of the Tasks with Deadlines filter, and then modifying the copy.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 1:47 PM
  • Hi

I'd like that exact deadline indicator in a .project server view please. It isn't possible, in PWA, to filter one field (finish) against another(deadline). Or is it possible?

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 3:00 PM
  • Hi HFprojects,

Sorry to jump in here, but it is not possible.  As a work around, you could use a flag field called "Deadline Exceeded" with the formula iif ( [Finish] > [Deadline], 1, 0) .  Then in a new/modifled PWA project view you can filter where Deadline Exceeded = Yes.  

Just tried it and it works a treat.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 4:52 PM
  • Hi Ben

That is an excellent solution but I was not able to use it the way I need it.

I need to use that custom field that refers to [Deadline] and this is not possible in the Resource Entity. That means I can show the tasks of the resource, but how can I show if they have slipped?

• Edited by HFprojects Monday, September 25, 2017 9:44 AM
    Sunday, September 24, 2017 8:33 AM